Black Kath - Jam Packed June: My Favorite Snaps



0 comments
If there is one thing that I learned is that never forget to drink a can of energy drink if you didn't had enough sleep the night before.

Last June 9 I did some "pre-birthday celebration" shooting photos, drinking beer and having a blast at Freedom Bar in Anonas of course this "pre-birthday" celebration wouldn't be possible without my cousin Kath and Black Kath Productions which by the way is one hell of a prod and can certainly kick some serious ass.

Okay, going back to what really this post is about. I tried something new since I am getting wee bit frustrated in shooting gigs in small venues. What I did the unimaginable. I brought a freaking light stand. Yes, a small light stand —now crucify me! I also brought a pair of flash triggers, my reliable CD-R King flash, my battered Sunpak PZ42X which is sadly not as much of a performer compared to its CD-R King counterpart and shit loads of AA batteries.

Yep that's the CD-R King flash at work! Just look at that power! LOL
Now for the setup!

After setting up my light and checking if its firing I placed it first in front and then switched it to the side since not everyone is getting lit enough (my first real lesson with the inverse square law has costed me 3 awesome bands). Then I dialed the power to 1/8th of a power so that I can shoot at around f2.8 up until f8 at ISO 400 while having the shutter speed at around 60th-20th of a second.

This was the first setup and then changed. The photo before this was my second light setup.
Okay, enough with the setup and the technical shenanigans, now its time to showcase some of my favorite shoots of that night.

Keeper shot!

Bass + Flying hair + B&W = Classic.


I really love that expression the drummer is giving.
Now this is what I will call a happy accident
As you can see I am really into wide angle shots.

That's it? Yep! Now I'm thinking that next time I shoot a gig maybe I should try 2 lights and instead of light stands maybe I should get those clamps for convenience, portability and the idea of not having the light stand topple onto some poor bystander.  I do hope you guys like my snaps, I could definitely use some C&Cs here. 

Cheers!

*Edit: my writing skills are so horrible right now. This is my 3rd time editing it. :|

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post