Graffiti & Demonstrations



0 comments

I'm having a great week and hopefully it will end that way. Last Sunday we did a shoot at an abandoned building in Betty Go Belmonte and just this evening I took some photos during the Labor Day demonstrations at Mendiola.





Last Sunday we asked Art whose our colleague at work to be our model for our latest shoot. We did the shoot in an abandoned building near the Betty Go Belmonte LRT station. It was freaking hot and everyone was sweating by the bucket, but that did not deter us from going around one area after the other taking photos.



Art was awesome and despite the grime and puddles of water left by the rain during the morning, he didn't mind doing some poses for us. He even climb up the ledge using a ladder that could snap any minute.


Here's Roy "the designer" Restauro showing some swag haha!
I only took a few photos since I'm not really familiar with that area and I was ill prepared that time. I don't even have an idea of a pose nor a story that I could do but what the hell right? Just kidding. Don't do that! Going on a shoot without an idea of what you are going to do and what you want is dumb and wasteful.


Moving on, just this afternoon I went again to Mendiola to take photographs during the Labor Day demonstrations. Unlike last year wherein it rained during the demonstrations, this year the sun was up and no hint of rain was seen.




For this year's photos I was supposed to bring my CD-R King flash and try to do the same thing that I did during the 114th Independence Day. But I after giving much of a thought I decided not to because I don't want to draw attention and end up like the freelance photographer who almost got mobbed. Instead I opted to just shooting using a wide lens which presented a challenge because I have to get really close to the subject that I'm photographing.



Anyway, everything ended out well despite the fact that my camera (and my face) almost melted because I was shooting close to the burning effigy. I'm thinking for next year I should maybe do a triptych or I could follow a person for the whole day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post