The Weekend Gig-Away



2 comments
While most people I know either spent their 3 day weekend at home pampering themselves or on a trip out of town to escape the chaotic streets of Manila, I on the other hand went to see unsigned bands playing their hearts out offering the restless youth a music that speaks to them. It's awesome to see such dedicated people doing amazing things for music, most specially if you are living here in the Philippines were the mainstream music is mostly comprised of overly covered songs which are not even remotely good and neither it did justice to the original song.

Anyway, time to stop this drama and get this shit down.

Friday: Black Kath Productions' 1st Anniversary at Headstock Bar - My favorite production just celebrated it's first birthday and I wouldn't miss it out specially all the fun and good memories I had every time I attend a Black Kath gig.

Maybe Thursday

Choyz
Miles of MilesExperience
MilesExperience
Mark of Ambimind
Ea of Waking Misty
Farewell Fair Weather
Saturday: MusiKaisahan! at B-Side - I was glad that I didn't missed this one because if I did, I wouldn't be able to hear Tonight We Sleep, Pards, Idioms and Disposition and of course the Squibs' awesome music.

Tonight We Sleep
Eric Tubon of Fuseboxx
Pards
Bijoe of Idioms and Disposition
Idioms and Disposition 
The Virtuoso - Robert Daulat
Daryl of the Squibs
The Squibs

Sunday: Sunday Night Special at BKB Bar - I ended my 3 night escaped with some hard pounding, pulse raising and ear drum smashing music at BKB to see my colleague beat the hell out of the drums. In a way this gig kind of reminded me of my Maniac Monday playlist back when I was in high school (ah sweet teen angst lol).

Bought by Blood
Bought by Blood
Resist to Fall
Resist to Fall
Dreign
Dreign
Psycho Destroyer





This was such an awesome experience that I'm looking forward to do it again soon.

It was nice to see you Kath, Asis, Robert "Joe" Daulat, Geno and Joanne. Next gig ulit! :)

2 comments:

Anne at: December 7, 2012 at 7:05 AM said...

Ya'y! Thanks for coming Jude (;
This won't be the last, that's for sure. Haha!

thejudeman at: December 8, 2012 at 6:01 AM said...

It was great seeing you there. Till the next gig! :)

Post a Comment

newer post older post