by Patrick Jude Ilagan
I have complied 10 of the many photography websites that I frequently visit during my spare time.
1. strobist.blogspot.com - All things lighting, I recommend this to serious photographers who wants to understand and use their flash guns and strobes.
2. digital-photography-school.com - Starting photographer? Amateur? or Pro? The Digital Photography School is for everyone who is glued into photography. From basic photography to masterclass articles, this is one of the must bookmarked photography website.
3. madphotoassistant.wordpress.com - Who says that only photographers knows how should you light your set? Post process your image and make your clients happy. Even photographer assistants can be kick-ass too.
4. photographyserved.com - From fine art to fashion this is one hell of a site definitely worth looking at for inspirations.
5. shootshows.com - Are you into shooting live concerts? Then I suggest you check this out.
6. photodonuts.com - To those who loves gritty and grainy hedonistic portraits I suggest that you should a look at this.
7. boudist.com - Portrait? Music? Documentary? This guy from the land down under got it all covered.
8. petapixel.com - The latest and the freshest news in the world of photography.
9. zackarias.com - I bet you didn't see that coming eh? Well Zack Arias' blog posts is a must read.
10. burnmagazine.org - For the aspiring photojournalists this is for you.
So how about you? Which photography website do you go most often to? Hit the comments and share your favorite photography website.
Patrick Jude Ilagan
Patrick Jude M. Ilagan born June 24, 1990 is a graphic designer, photographer and content specialist based in Manila, Philippines. Patrick is a graduate of University of Santo Tomas wherein he earned his degree in Fine Arts major in Advertising.
After graduating he worked as a graphic designer and art director for on Gadgets Magazine under Great Minds Media Inc. which is a publishing company based in Quezon City, Philippines in 2011 until 2012. He then moved to Web Providers Dev. Pro as a content writer which later on became Digital Room Inc. (Philippines) wherein he became a digital marketing specialist. In the same year he moved to Web Providers Dev. Pro he also part-timed as an instructor for a local college based in Makati, Philippines wherein he taught graphic design.
Patrick wrote and made downloadable content for You the Designer which is a graphic design lifestyle blog in 2012 until early 2014 with artist Kerby Rosanes. In mid-2014 He shifted his efforts and co-founded photography lifestyle and inspiration blog named You the Photographer with George Nacpil. He is currently the blog's editor.
Patrick often refers to himself as a pixel craftsman since he is mostly working with a computer. Patrick mostly uses Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Lightroom for his work.
When not working Patrick immerses himself in TV shows, movies, books and games. He is also a fan of underground live music shows, food fairs, art exhibits and roaming around museums.