Photography Inspiration: Nobuyoshi Araki



0 comments
I just recently discovered Nobuyoshi Araki through my bookstore raids for graphic design books. Unfortunately not only did I wasn't able to buy a book, Araki's coffee table book was too damn expensive so I came home empty handed but money still intact. 


I find that Araki's works are visually and aesthetically stimulating, gritty and above all lyrical. His photos are honest but needs to be peeled to see the deeper meanings he wants to convey. A vast amount of Araki's work talks about life, death and sexuality. Apart from his fine art work Araki has his share of commercial work too, in one of his recent works Lady Gaga has commissioned him to have her photos.


Disclaimer: Some photos are NSFW.


Untitled 2007
Bondages 2008
Marvelous Tales of Black Ink 
From the Series I Novel 1969
From the Series Kakyoku 1997
Untitled (Bondage) 2010
Lady Gaga for Vogue
Bjork's Telegram album cover

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post