Aliwan Fiesta 2012



0 comments
Yesterday Manila Bay was flooded with vivid colors, cheerful smiles, sick drum beats and amazing dance moves for the annual Aliwan Fiesta 2012. Aliwan Fiesta brings out every major Fiesta (festival) event in the whole Philippines and brings it to Metro Manila. Every year the bay is packed with people who came in with camera (from DLSRs to smartphones) to capture photos in the event. I came in late so I was able to photograph only a few of the contestants but luckily I was able to catch up to see the contenders of Oriental Mindoro which is my province. For this year I tried to do a photojournalist approach using my wide most of the time and staying (the hell) away from my prime and telephoto lens since I really wanted to get up close to the contestants and give a wide view of everything that's happening. 





The real "photo-wall" 


I never could pull off the Barong-Shorts
combination but this guy rocked it.






Spin cycle!


Somehow this image feels like its defiant or something.
Yep that's a huge ass gown and yes I'm just kidding.
The kid hollers like a pro.
Bells in the city

Father teaching his son who to fly a 20 pesos
flying contraption a midst the busy crowd.

With the aid of my tripod and her being stable I got this.
I am cursing myself for having shaky hands since this
would look really nice if only my hands are steady.
 I didn't finish the event since I don't feel like walking up to Aliw Theater and find myself stuck in a crowd where I couldn't take photographs but all in all the event was a blast. Hopefully next year the event would be bigger and better. Next year, I might try to bring in my lighting gear (and a assistant hopefully) and take photos using a one light setup.


Hit the link for those interested who won the street dance contest.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer post older post