Nokia 808 PureView



5 comments
41 megapixels. Yep you have read it right! The Nokia 808 PureView has 41 megapixels which beats the crap out of the iPhone 4S camera. As much as I would like to talk about the technical aspects of the smartphone I'll just show you this clip from youtube where they released a video which is totally made using the PureView. Keep in mind though that the video is made of entirely by professionals who do a hell of a fine job.







I would love to have this kind of phone since I live and breathe photography but I am having second thoughts since the phone is running on a dead platform which is a Symbian apart from that the phone costs around 450 euros which is almost the same amount of money for a lens or probably a second hand Sony NEX-5. If OS is not only an issue I'd buy this one in a heartbeat because of its portability and of course it is a smartphone but as the old saying goes "you can't have it all". Hopefully in the near future (maybe after 6 months) this neat piece of a phone will have an update and improve the OS issue.

(Source: Gadgets Magazine)

5 comments:

Anonymous at: April 22, 2012 at 11:42 AM said...

Whats wrong with the OS? Belle FP1 should work fine on this phone since it has a faster processor & more RAM than any of the other phones currently running FP1. I'm also assuming its fine because FP1 was built for this phone. Plus with Belle FP2 & then Carla coming out for this phone later. You should buy the phone 1-3 months after its release (that way you're sure, there aren't any bugs that would concern your purposes in particular)

-Cheers

Unknown at: April 22, 2012 at 5:45 PM said...

Hi Anon,

Well nothing is really wrong with it but I'm thinking that with the rise of apps for photography most of the good ones run on either in Android or iOS also with the release of the Nokia Lumia that runs in Windows I think its high time that Nokia shift to Windows instead of sticking to Symbian.

I really have nothing against the Belle FP1. If Nokia can boost the Symbian platform with better and more photography related apps then I wouldn't mind. That's my two cents on it but thank you for your inputs.

Cheers :)

Anonymous at: April 23, 2012 at 2:56 AM said...

Hi.

I just want to add that Symbian is the only OS that can handle the huge camera and the technology in the phone..

:)

Anonymous at: April 23, 2012 at 7:00 AM said...

Hey patrick,

I somewhat agree with you there, however I personally like using the native camera UI instead of 3rd party apps, and I really like what Nokia has done with it. They couldnt have switched pureview to windows phone, as windows currently cant handle the camera. Infact, currently Windows cant even handle Nokias 8mp camera. As people are complaining about the Lumia's camera having washed out colours and pink spots & what not.even though the same camera module when put on the n9 performed flawlessly. Lets see if windows 8 has better integration for Nokia.
Also, Nokia is running app development competitions for its pureview cam. Lets see if some high end apps get developed & released coinciding with the launch of the phone.

-Cheers

Unknown at: April 23, 2012 at 8:32 AM said...

Hi!

So that is why Nokia preferred using Symbian. It makes perfect sense to me now because it would be all be just a waste if the phone is in Windows 8 but the camera performs like crap.

I just hope that maybe after 2-3 months Nokia has bolstered their app selections and I think more users would be drawn with the PureView because of its camera.

Thanks!

Post a Comment

newer post older post